Whispering Water Ranch
2313 Acre Ranch ~ Menard County
Improved Hunting Ranch
Acres:2313 +/- Acres
Location:Located 6.3 miles south of Menard and approximately 3 miles SE on Walker Lane in Menard County, Texas.
Description:This high-fenced hunting/recreational ranch has that "WOW" factor that a distinguished buyer is after. From the moment you pull in the gate you will realize that this place is special. An all-weather road from the entrance leads to the headquarters which includes a magnificent limestone 5,322sq/ft house/lodge and two elegantly rustic cabins which are comfortable for any guest. Beside the main lodge is the luxurious pool, hot tub, and outdoor kitchen. The ranch provides spectacular views and rolling terrain, higher elevations and healthy, well maintained pastures. Excellent all-weather roads provide easy access to all areas of the ranch. There is very little cedar or prickly pear to be found on the ranch, the landscape is made up of 38% native brush, 58% pastures and 4% farmland. This property is blanketed with thick improved grasses, an extraordinary variety of high protein brush species, huge Live Oaks, Red Oaks, Burr Oaks, Cedar Elms, Hackberry, and an expansive garden of native flora. The ranch rolls immaculately through 2313 acres of the Texas Hill Country.
Water:The Whispering Water Ranch has it’s own spring fed lake that encompasses 3 acres of surface water. The limestone bottoms and outcrops create a photographic setting as the lake elegantly caresses exposed rock outcroppings and grassy banks all along the lakes edge. The south shore has been lined with rock and concrete next to a Bermuda grass shore with pecan and oak trees. The lake has been stocked with Florida hybrid black bass, channel catfish and hybrid bluegill perch. Native fish along with the stocked fish offer much excitement whether you have a fly rod or spinning rod in your hand.
- Four springs/wells (electric & windmill)
- 26 wildlife watering troughs
- Two one acre ponds (currently dry)
- Two wet-weather creeks (Elm & North Coon Hollow)
Wildlife:On this awesome 2,000 acre working cattle ranch you can hunt trophy whitetails, Rio Grande turkey, dove, quail or fish the spring-fed lake for largemouth bass and hybrid blue gill perch. Following strict game management practices has resulted in Boone and Crockett scores improving every year. The premium habitat has been improved through selective brush removal, controlled burns, expanded watering systems, established food plots and rotational grazing of cattle. Helicopter surveys are conducted on an annual basis, along with cull buck and doe harvest to maintain a healthy buck/doe ratio. Careful attention to wildlife preservation on the ranch creates an unequaled wildlife sanctuary; home as well to a diversity of songbirds, and breeding ground for a number of migratory fowl. Spring, summer, autumn and winter bring an awesome year round migration of many bird species. Whispering Water Ranch is Level III MLDP qualified. The ranch is on the Monarch butterfly migration hosting 1000’s of butterflies annually, also working with the University of Kansas to tag Monarchs for migration research.
Improvements:The ranch is completely high-fenced with low cross fences for five separate grazing pastures with at least one water trough in each and three bull/horse traps with water troughs. An all-weather road extends from the ranch entrance to the main house, headquarters-hunting lodge, and throughout the property.
- Main house/lodge was built consisting of 4BR/3.5BA, one living area, and kitchen; there are two exterior patios wrapping around 2 sides of the house. Interior of the main house is composed of limestone, rugged timbers, and granite counter tops. The kitchen/dining/living are all open together creating a perfect entertaining area for all to enjoy. Immediately outdoors are the porches and pool area which are surrounded by the elegance of the Texas Hill Country. The outdoor pool and entertaining area provides for a relaxing place to enjoy the outdoors or soak up some sun. It is located just beside the main house/lodge and is well planned and gracefully landscaped. The direct pool area is flagstone and limestone rock, a beach entry leads into the pool with several in-pool sitting areas along the sides. There is a hot tub/spa built up with limestone rocks situated towards the beach entry area overlooking the manicured yards and pristine countryside. To the front side of the pool there is a very nice outdoor kitchen and covered sitting area, complete with commercial grade appliances.
- Two very comfortable guest cabins of 864sq/ft & 639sq/ft.
- 5,031sq/ft insulated metal barn including walk-in cooler, skinning rack, air compressor, tack room and two horse stalls.
- Within the barn, approximately 3,500sq/ft is completely enclosed with 1,008sq/ft of that portion being heated and cooled living quarters.
- 192sq/ft insulated rock pump house.
- Nine deer breeding pens with individual water troughs, protein feed stations and hay feeders.
- Fourteen hunting blinds, feeders and nine protein feeders which are scattered throughout the ranch providing year around food subsidy for game and wildlife.
- Two sets of livestock/cattle working pens with squeeze chutes.
- There is both single and three phase electricity servicing the ranch.
Minerals:Seller is believed to own 50% of the minerals and will convey all owned; exact mineral conveyance to be determined at time of new title commitment.
Remarks:An awesome ranch that has been well maintained. A perfect, ready-to-go recreational, hunting and cattle ranch.
Price:Call for price.